GPTU report to GPRC – Pete Murry 16 December 2011
1) GPTU has been meeting monthly, in
and running a
website, blog and Email list London
2) New GPTU leaflet produced and distributed
3) Picketed Andrew Landsley’s appearance on Question Time with GPTU leaflet
4) Support for Mark Campbell in UCU General Secretary election. UCU Left sent thanks for GPTU support
5) Secretary written to Conferences Committee re Population Matters/OPT
6) Appeal for funds for banner and leaflets.
7) Formation of GP Disability Group discussed
8) P.Murry had participated in staff Working Practices panel phone conference on 9/11 as GPRC rep with D.Murray, M.Cridge and An Other. And participating in continuing email exchanges.
9) Support Nov 30 pensions strikes. Aim “Fair Pensions for All”. Further pensions strikes expected in 2012.
10) GPTU agrees to support Mick Dooley in UCATT General Secretary elections
11) Participated in public meeting with South African film maker Reshad Desai, Gracia Romero (WonW), Maria Neri from Conzarrd, an NGO focusing on agrarian reform and rural development in
12) BAE dispute Agreed to endorse the Green left statement of support with Minor textual amendment (“workers at BAE should be employed in the SRUGGLE against climate change”).”
13) Electricians dispute GPTU agrees to support see full details on http://gptublog.blogspot.com/2011/10/from-doyle-to-sent-11-october-2011-2314.html
14) GPTU agrees to support Fees and Cuts demo on Nov 9 And Living wage campaign at
15) Intend to hold agm and run a stall at Conference. Will be recommending amendment of motion on TU’s and considering prioritization of motions.
Coalition of Resistance (CoR) report – Pete Murry
Currently 5 GP members (Romayne Phoenix (CoR Chair), James Youd (Treasurer GPTU rep), Joseph Healy (
Green Left rep), Ann Garrett (London Fed rep), P.Murry (GP rep)).
PM had attended two CoR meetings as at 16/12/2012. CoR was mainly engaged with
support for Nov 30 and subsequent pension strikes. Also organizing conference
with European anti-cuts campaigners.